How to prepare for AnalogDC
Preparation to assemble
You need below hardwares to run Desktop Station.
- Arduino board(duemilanove328 or UNO R3 or compatible one, for example Arduino UNO R3, Akiduki's AT-MEGA board)
- Motor Shield (DF-Robot, Genuie.
- USB cable (suitable with your arduino board)
- Windows xp, Vista, 7 or 8 PC. Please install .NET Framework 2.0 runtime package if not installed.
- 9-12VDC Power supply for Arduino.
- Supply cable to connect to rail
You need below softwares to run Desktop Station. You can get these softwares free of charge.
Very easy. Connect Motor shield and Arduino. Set jumper pins as PWM mode.
DF-ROBOT's compatible Motor Shield is settled as below.
Configuration for Motor Shield
You have to edit motor assigned pins of "AnalogRSx.ino" depending on your Motor Shield.
Table: Assignment table of Digital pins for Motor Shield.
|Motor1 PWM||D5||D3||Edit MOTOR1_PWM.|
|Motor1 Direction||D4||D12||Edit MOTOR1_DIR.|
|Motor1 Break||not assigned||D9||Edit MOTOR1_BRK.|
|Motor2 PWM||D6||D11||Edit MOTOR2_PWM.|
|Motor2 Direction||D7||D13||Edit MOTOR2_DIR.|
|Motor2 Break||not assigned||D8||Edit MOTOR2_BRK|
Procedure to prepare softwares
- Download the latest Desktop Station.
Also download Railuino.
- Download Arduino IDE 1.0.x. Unzip them to your computer.
- Plug USB connector of your Arduino board to USB port on your computer
- If you plug Arduino board first time, install serial driver software. Serial driver software is included Arduino IDE files. See also arduino.cc
- Install Desktop Station to your computer. Unzip a Desktop Station ZIP file.
- Compile and Write included AnalogDC Gateway "Analog_RSx.ino" to Arduino board using Arduino IDE. You can download AnalogDC GATEWAY sketch named "Analog_RSx.ino" in this site. Desktop Station works with this sketch. See also how to upload.
- Upload compiled Analog_RSx.ino to your arduino.
- Connect rail and Motor Shield shield and your PC.
- Select MM2 and address 1 or 2 at locomotive configuration. The address assigns as Output 1 or 2.